johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTaylor11 View Post
Does anyone know how what I can do to prevent my rims getting so dirty? I believe it's the brake dust, if so is their anything I can do to stop getting so much dust? I was thinking about getting new brake pads and new slotted and drill rotors.
The stock brake pads are only average for performance and they put out gobs of sticky black dust. But as soon as you complain about dust people will chime in telling you to get ceramic pads like Akebono.

Don't do it. They have only average performance and ceramic pads need to warm up to braking temperature before they work. (Not talking about air temperature here). So jump into the car after it's been sitting for a while and you might rear end someone at the first stop sign.

Get Hawk 5.0 pads for street use. Best bite and low dust.

Don't get anything slotted or dimpled. They are noisy and not more than average. Best street rotors are fully Crossdrilled which is why BMW puts them on M3/M4. I recommend StopTech Crossdrilled.

If you tell me what year & model car and Grey or blue brake calipers I have part numbers

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 4