Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTaylor11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
CamTaylor11, if your vehicle has M Sport blue calipers fitted at the time of manufacturing, the rotors are smooth - no dimples or slots.

Dimpled - refers to literally circular dimples on the rotor surface.

Drilled - refers to holes which are drilled all the way through.

Slotted - refers to linear or curved slots on the rotor surface (dimples with a different geometry).

johnung advice is spot on. Smooth BMW OEM M Sport rotors (front 370x30, rear 345x24) are more than enough for daily driving. You also don't need to purchase BMW OEM rotors. Zimmerman makes the same 2-piece rotors under Formula F Coat Z name at a lower price. I just replaced all 4 rotors with these rotors. Brake pads, brake wear sensors, and brake lines (stainless steel) were also replaced at the same time.

If the goal is to make rotors look better (as the only opinion that matters is yours), there are many choices in every price range.

What's your budget?
Yeah I wanted to get new rotors just for appearance cause the smooth ones just don't cut it for me lol. But at the same time I wanted to replace my pads because of all the dust that is left on my from rims. I wanted true slotted rotors and not the dimpled rotors. Are the rotors that you are referring to slotted or drilled is so can I see some pics? As for my price range I'm trying to spend anywhere between $300-500 for some good quality rotors.
Here are the StopTech Crossdrilled rotors than I recommend. Great bite and excellent in rain because water can't trap between pad and rotor surfaces. StopTech have left and right part numbers because they have directional internal vanes for optimal cooling.
Photos
Attached Images

Appreciate 0