View Single Post
      12-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #187
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Wow, here we go again, same comments, different generation 3er.

People that already own a f30:
Right now: "I hate the way the LCI looks, the pre-LCI is so much better."
In the future (when the car is revealed): "Its growing on me and makes my F30 look out-dated."
In the future (when the car is released): "I really like it, but I'm going to wait to buy(lease) the GXX 3er."

People that already own or have an F80 on order:
Enthusiasts : "I don't care, if the taillights are the same shape and plug-and play, I might or might not swap them out."
Non-Enthusiasts that already own: "Great, now I have to replace the taillights (and possibly the trunk like the e90 M3)."
Non-Enthusiasts that have one on order: "I'm changing/canceling/delaying my order!"

Here is a bit of advice, just like when buying a computer or cellphone, within a year or so, your BMW will be out-dated, no matter what. It could be a LCI, it could be an updated Nav System, it could be new features or packages, an entire new car, new engines, or just new paint colors or special editions. BMW wants it to bother you, they want you to run out and trade in your current car, they want you to stay in debt forever. Get over it and enjoy your car. I'm still enjoying my 2003 e46 330i ZHP 6MT after nearly 9 years, its been paid off for 5 years, my 401k and IRA balances are more important to me than driving "the latest" BMW 3er.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0