View Single Post
      02-27-2018, 11:59 PM   #183
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
First, lets keep in mind these these cars on on a dyno.. The efficiency of dyno fans cannot be compared to a real world 100+ mph 4th gear run.

in this situation the the high boost and lack of oversized intercooler really hurt on this run. We saw temps of 188f deg at the manifold with a ambient temp of 76F deg. These are some of of the highest I have seen on the dyno. So will a intercooler keep making power? Most likely not but it will reduce the the power being lost up top and give you a smoother curve overall.

Unfortunately we were not able to get the car back on the dyno after we installed our Step core intercooler on this car but, we have logged our M2 before and after with a 40 deg drop in temp compared to the stock intercooler. Install takes roughly 30 min which makes it a no brainer.
There is no doubt that by adding a big or more efficient fmic at the same high boost level the car is going to make more power due the the cooler charge,it has to. A 40 degree drop on the M2 should say it all right there especially if applied to the particular car you guys dynoed.

Last edited by ceedawg; 02-28-2018 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0