View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
Laurens0619
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320

ID4 NBT to ID5 upgrade

Hi,

I have a BMW F31 dec 2015 with NBT Evo ID4 and the ATM box (Harman & KArdon including DAB).
I am really missing carplay on this car so I am considering adding it.

Andream would be an option(250 euro) but I am a bit concerned with bluetooth calling/stability & a chinese box in my car.

Because I already have Evo ID4, I understood the upgrade to ID5 would only mean a headunit replacement.

On Ebay I found several issues all around 500 euro for the ID5 headunit (600 precoded).
1. The sellers have a positive reputation, anything i should consider before buying?
2. Some of the units are coming from UK, are these units the same regarding LHD/RHD
3. They promised me I will keep all connecteddrive features, is that correct?
4. In case the device is not working/hard drive is incorrect. Can i simply switch my old id4 unit back? will my connected drive keep working on old unit?

edit: I received the following feedback on connected drive as part of the upgrade:
"Connected drive will work as long as subscription is not expired (connected drive is no longer accesible from the car) unit is compatible with atm module you have and DAB will work as it should. "

Does anyone understands what this mean?

Last edited by Laurens0619; 05-18-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0