xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Hey, yeah they are a great setup. Just exactly was I was after.

The rear bump stops are built within the rear shock cover/sleeve and to be honest I don't think this will be an issue. You would need to seriously compress the vehicle in order to hit the stops.

I dont have the pictures yet as I had leave the next day for a week, but as soonest im back I will post some.

Check the front damper tho and its travel limit before the bump stop is hit. As well, thats around 3,5" inches of movement. Judging by how the car drives now, I honestly cannot see it compressing that much. Even going over the ramps shes pretty firm.
That’s good to hear. So it sounds like you just reused the OEM rear shock cover/sleeve in your situation. As long as the ride is good, then that is all that matters. I’ve not driven an E90 with the sport suspension but I hear plenty of praise for that chassis’ setup and handling prowess.

It sounds also like that aftermarket sway bars may not be necessary after all to get rid of most of the f30 OEM floatiness.
Yeah, I didnt even think about the sway bar to be honest. I did look at it, but labour wise it wouldn't be worth my while dropping the subframe and all that for the sake of it. I just wanted a slightly better suspension and handling which in fairness wasn't hard to beat.

The good thing about it is the car doesn't feel like on coilovers where the ride comfort is gone to favor the handling. This is the only thing I was afraid, but yeah you'll be delighted with it!

Cheers
Appreciate 0