View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
dcastx
Rep
Drives: 435i

4 series issue - drive moderately, increased steering effort required?? is this norma

so I parked on somewhat deep, hard snow today, and when starting back up I felt the steering wheel jerk and then I got a message saying to "drive moderately, increased steering effort required" Luckily I was right by my house and managed to get into the garage, and it was really tough to steer. It didn't feel like power steering was cut off, it felt really odd like I really had to struggle to turn the wheel even ever so slightly. I was worried i definitely broke something as it's been really cold recently (-40's).

Anyway, after starting up again in the garage the issue was gone... is it likely that I broke something, or something got loose, or is there some calibration process that occurs when you startup that failed because a wheel was stuck in snow?

Just worried if i get this error when i'm on actual streets or while i'm driving, but I've now driven to work and a bit since the issue originally came and it didn't come up again.

any ideas what may have happened?

Thanks
Appreciate 0