Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Some day.. I put about 10 miles a month on it right now because of life, Covid and lockdown.

Enough so that my wastegate rattle, which is WORST when the car is cold and not driven often, is driving me INSANE. I want to replace my turbo just to bloody get rid of the rattle at this point.
Do you have a sound clip of the rattle? I have a random strange noise that seems to come from the speakers but maybe it's coming from somewhere else.
At least in my case it's waste gate rattle for sure. won't happen at any rpm sitting still (turbo doesn't spool unless rolling) and even had my shop confirm it

I so wish it was something simple or even a relatively hard fix but a fix.. I LOVE my car, the mods, the looks ( I grin walking to my car across the lot) but driving and the rattle reminds me something is "wrong". Or at least seems like something is wrong..
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0