10-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #7
Simon89
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedYorkie View Post
Just found this thread. I have a 2013 330D X drive M Sport and also suffered a partially melted inlet manifold in June 2017 - no warning lights, just an incredible amount of black smoke and stench entering the cabin.
I had it diagnosed and repaired at a local BMW indy workshop, it cost me £1238 in total. Two days ago my amber engine lamp came on and had it checked by my indy workshop which revealed EGR errors. Today I read about the latest BMW recall and made some calls. My car has now been transported to my local BMW dealer to have the issues remedied as I was experiencing all the classic signs of an EGR cooler failure - bad fume smells inside the cabin, coolant required topping up every week, amber engine lamp etc.
Once I receive my car back, I'm pursuing a reimbursement from BMW/dealer for last year's manifold failure (I have all the paperwork, invoice and also the manifold) - at the time, an email to BMW was responded to with "we've never heard of that, sorry we cannot help further"
Where abouts in North Yorkshire are you? I've just bought a 330D XDrive and was going to nip into the local BMW dealership in York to inquire about this recall as mine is a late 2013 model.