View Single Post
      04-19-2021, 02:37 PM   #24
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorThe4 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get through my inspection/emissions test with my XDI HPFP in BM3. This isn't a question about emissions like everyone else asks since I have a Fabspeed Cat however I can't get my head around if the car will pass running the bm3 tune (the cel override will not be checked in bm3 due to me having the cat). If i remove the tune it seems the xdi pump will not run and requires that check box for xdi.

Just trying to avoid having to remove the TMAP sensor and XDI pump just to go to inspections. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I responded to your post in the BM3 thread... AFAIK PA does not check the DME software, just the emission monitors (and probably visual), but you should confirm with your state website and/or someone who has done the test there. If PA does not check for tunes, then you can go in tuned so long as your emission monitors are ready, which means you can leave the XDI installed. If PA does check for tunes and you must be on OEM software, then you are likely going to have to reinstall stock HPFP if the XDI will not run without the tune option selected. Probably confirm that with XDI.
Appreciate 0