View Single Post
      09-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #89
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
If you don't understand why the user experience of device A vs device B makes a difference, there's no hope.

These things stopped being phones a long time ago, they are portable/personal computing devices and "phone" is generally a little-used function.

For those who value "phone" above other functionality, there is a class of device available or they will choose the cheapest/simplest device available.

Some people prefer Linux, others Windows or OSX - do you understand that analogy? :

Yes completely agree they simply arent phones any more. As you quite rightly say, the 'user experience' is very subjective. Having played around with the latest iPhones very recently, the user experience is almost exactly the same as an equivalent Android of good quality. For an object that has a very definite redundancy built in to it (two years max), I prefer not to buy in to the apple hype. Sure, they were pretty much the first to offer the smart phone as we know it today and I bought every single iPhone gen up to the 6. They used to be streets ahead but now they are not. And on that fact, I choose not to use iOS.

Have you used an Android 9 phone? iOS is generally a year behind what Android pushes out and the support and open plan of Android knocks Apple in to the last century.

(Hey, this is almost like the diesel v petrol, xDrive v RWD debates )
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00