10-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This is why you should get a dashcam, yesterday. This will help prove your story and also be able to get license plate numbers. It also serves as an audio log so you can record the license plate number of the car that caused the accident without having to write it down.

I think you should go to a body shop and get a free estimate for repairs and open a claim with insurance since this is an accident caused by another car. I'm not sure how it is in your state, but in CA, if the accident isn't your fault, your rates won't go up. Double-check that before you file your claim because damages might not end up costing that much for you. Especially if your deductible is high.

More than likely what happened is that you damaged some control arms and/or tie rods. I doubt your spring broke. Your alignment is also assuredly out of whack but that is a small concern right now. You might have also damaged your strut, wheel bearings, wheel, and/or steering knuckle. If you go to a reputable independent mechanic, I don't think it'd cost that much.

If you can, take your wheel off and take a picture of what's in your wheel well. Or try to take a picture of it with your arm reaching in behind there.
Appreciate 0