03-10-2021, 07:27 PM   #16
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFanatic View Post
Working with the Audi laser headlights I looked into the BMW laser ones. I'm incredibly impressed with them. Has anyone done any research into doing a retrofit? I obviously would loose some of the functionality with the road display features but adding the laser units into the existing adaptive led housings would be similar to what BMW has already done.

They're finally legal for use in the US and what an improvement over the already great LED headlights (once properly adjusted).

Would love some incite to anyone with more technical information than I have

videos for reference

I know @ik6speed had talked about this concept with people for several years and was actually working on it when banned a year ago using F30 Adaptive LED casings from Europe as well as the Laser Components from European F Series Headlights. According to discussions several had with him at the time in private about this, the European Lasers are brighter than what is approved fir USA use in the G Series. He did not let the naysayers which you found in this thread influence him. He was the first to install a G series steering wheel in his F30 (2018) and I am not sure anyone else has been able to do it to this day! He also had night vision installed in his F30 along with retrofitting ATMs into a Pre-LCI vehicle with NBT EVO iDrive 6, CarPlay and a 10.2” Touchscreen. When banned a year ago, this forum lost access to the person who was able to do things like this unfortunately.
Appreciate 0