04-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #23
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
Could someone from Dinan please answer . . . is Dinan still working to identify and resolve the source of these failed 4-series installs? Or have they just given up?

I would still like to install Shockware (along with several other Dinan suspension upgrades) on my 2015 F32 435i xDrive after my failed initial install by my BMW dealer.

Please help!
Haven't given up but it is back-burner given the extremely limited numbers of failures. Ultimately what is going to be needed is a local car that has the issue that we can have access to directly. Seemingly every failure thus far has been across the country and shipping in a car to potentially be ripped apart and down for weeks, if not months, is not appealing. From a distance we have done about everything we can to try and assess what the common variable is between all the failures without much luck. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. A local problematic car is seemingly the only way its going to be resolved as downtime and costs associated are streamlined.

As an illustration to how rare the failures are.... of the various shockware skus there have been a total of 1164 successful installs to date. Last I saw the amount of failed installs was under 20. It should also be noted that it is not limited to 4 series--2&3 series have had some instances as well. The 5 and 6 series I think have escaped any failures but they also are much lower volume.
Appreciate 0