04-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #23
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns View Post
With the KC design front strut bar can you get the engine cover on and off easily? or does the strut bar need to come off too?
Also how has it been with the strut bar? Worth it?

Also did the wing mirrors reduce wind noise by any chance? What was the website that you got the wing mirrors you recommend from? Edit: never mind. The links took me there.

And yet another question. How did you mount the rear dashcam?
Yup, you can still get the engine cover off easily with the strut bar on there. Same goes for the rear trunk brace and floor cover, however you can't get to the fuse box without taking the trunk brace out.

The strut bar is totally worth it. Increased steering feel and the chassis is more composed in hard cornering. The rear trunk brace hasn't had a noticeable impact and I wouldn't do it again.

The M-style mirror caps haven't made any difference in noise. I love the way they look though!

For the rear camera mount I took a flat rectangular bracket/piece of metal, bent it into a clip that follows the shape of the headliner, painted it black, and then stuck the camera to it with 3M tape. I'll see if I can get a better pic of it.

Man, I've probably got a couple thousand more words to write up of all the stuff I've done since my last log.
-New tires
-A tale of many intercoolers
-New charge pipe
-More track days
-Real CF interior
-Stage 2 tune
-Increasing negative camber
-New springs
Appreciate 1
Gabreigns493.50