View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #157
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Wow that's really odd. I've never seen that before. Can you flash just fine with your laptop? Have you tried flashing with the app on your phone but using the laptop as the Agent device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_pa View Post
first want to thank op and all those that went before me. i hated lugging the laptop out to the driveway and dealing with a sometimes wonky home wifi connection to flash. this solution is going to be great, but ...

i rtft and think i have a new one. working with an f80/s55 on iPhone 6 (ios 11.1.2), i:
- followed all steps: bootmod3/bootmod3, disconnect from home wifi, disabled wifi services
- obd agent connects just fine, every time. can even pull logs.
- however, when i go to flash and start the download - even when i "download first, then flash" - it gets only so far or ~:45 and then the app fails and kicks me out. you can see the blue bar at top below. sometimes it gets all the way to the end and kicks me out.

anyone deal with this before with ios?
is it my archaic device?
i have an airport at home and am going to rename my "guest" network to bootmod3/bootmod3 tonight and see what happens.

i hate to bother dzenan and halim with this and appreciate any insight you guys have.

TIA!

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0