07-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe87 View Post
What kind of paint correction are you getting? I had the same issue happen. I was mad at the situation and only noticed it because they messed up in putting my clear bra and not rolling the edges. The problem is that the damage is on the edge and you would have to blend part of the hood to get a perfect coat. I don't think they can get a perfect coat without having to blend can they? I preferred not go that route as I did not want my car to have that much paint work. I agreed to having them do touch up on the damage. Plus I had them redo the clear bra and roll up the edge, so i don't think i will have any damage. I also talked to my dealer's shop who said they didn't recommend doing any major paint job. I will not say the touch up is an 100% match but it did the job and I have to remember or look at the area to remember the damage. Just wanted to share my similar experience with you, it is always frustrating when someone else damages your car. Hope you get the resolution your are looking for from the detailer. Too bad he is not owning up to his responsibility. Good luck.
I had a door ding scratch on the edge of my driver door (no dent/deformation) and a tiny scratch on my passenger door (less than an inch long). They wanted to blend from the front fender to the front of the rear fender on the passenger side. Whole thing was going to be $1700. Told them screw it and just kept the insurance money
Appreciate 0