Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
For the record, I owned a 328is with a manual as well. I understand the differences between throttle response on NA and turbo applications, both absolutely have their respective benefits. However, to discourage getting a six speed because it is not "effective" is a farce.
What is also a farce is the belief that MT + latest gen of turbo can be faster than finely-tuned ECU + 8AT + turbo like BMW's offerings. And the latest gen of turbo definitely does not have the same raw feel as the surging power band of yesteryears.

If one wants to feel fast, but not be fast, at least get the old school M54(e.g.) N/A and have some fun with MT. Thinking that the latest gen turbo + MT can feel fast is also a farce.
Where did I say it is faster? I already conceded that the AT was faster in raw acceleration, actually. Where did I even knock the 8AT?

The F30 is not revolutionary, much less so that a manual transmission is no longer viable, sorry to disappoint you. It can't "feel fast"? I'm certain there are countless people with countless "fast feeling" turbo manual cars, including many on this forum, that would vehemently disagree.

IMSA F30 328i #81 & #84. Six speeds.
http://www.bimmerworldracing.com/84-bimmerworld-328i/
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0