12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #109
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek View Post
Guys, it's a concept and the real thing will NOT look this good. Not even close actually. We already have seen the bland styling of the partially uncovered F32.

Most importantly, the car looks like it will be gaining a lot of weight. I predict 175-200 lbs more than the E92.
I don't think they are using the word "concept" in the way you're implying.

Yes, we've seen concept cars years ahead of production that have 23" wheels, interiors that look like they came out of a spaceship, and headlights so tiny they wouldn't light up the garage - then the actual car eventually comes out and it always looks like the concept version mated with a Honda Accord.

In this case, the "concept" is an initial unveiling of a car very close to production. I'm not sure about some of the finer points of the trim - the leather stitching work on the upholstery, for example, and maybe the leather covered dash - but I do expect that we are seeing the actual sheet metal, or very, very close.

And, the F30 lost weight compared to the E90 despite growing. So I don't expect the F32 to be heavier than the E92.