View Single Post
      01-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #4
ctbear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i m-sport

I inspected the entire air intake line (from above and below) starting from the air filter box and couldn't find any leak (had someone revving inside the vehicle as well). I went ahead and removed the MAF and MAP to clean (they did not appear to be dirty). Vacuumed the engine air filter a little (new one on order). So far the codes have not returned this time since I've reset them after performing these tasks.

I did notice there was a little bit of oily residue on the bottom side of the charge pipe where it connects to the throttle body. Looks like it's residue from blowby.
I inserted my boroscope through the MAP hole on the chargepipe to inspect the inside of the charge pipe and the throttle body, which looked surprisingly clean to me. Barely any carbon or residue build up.
No visible crack or breakage on the chargepipe.

I am absolutely confident that this car has remained stock its entire life as I purchased it as a CPO with barely 30k miles from the 1st owner: late middle aged Asian mom

Here's a picture from below looking up at the bottom side of the chargepipe to throttle body connection. Note the blowby residue.
Attached Images

Last edited by ctbear; 01-17-2021 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0