View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 02:46 AM   #15
audi01
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear View Post
All sensors have a certain life span, degrading over time depending on different use case scenarios. This is indicative of a pressure sensor that is drifting away from factory spec.

Are you still receiving the check engine code? +/- 1.5 hpa should not trip the code as it is within the allowable tolerance range. My problematic sensor also behaved similarly with fluctuations, which improved enough after cleaning as to not trip the code. However, my ocd got the best of me and I ended up replacing the sensor a couple months after cleaning, which resulted in a marked improvement in engine idle smoothness and a definite improvement in fuel consumption. I prefer to keep my cars as close to factory spec as possible. The decision is up to you.
I was getting the fluctuation after cleaning the sensor so I think it would be worse during normal running. Unfortunately I got the 101F01 code again on the next cold start. Only seem to get the problem on cold starts. Once the engine is warmed up the idle is quite smooth and the fault does not occur. So went ahead and bought a genuine Continental MAP sensor on ebay. Bought some new seals for the charge and turbo pipe for the intercooler to fix the slight leaking shown in the photos.
Appreciate 0