View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 01:07 AM   #19
audi01
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear View Post
Have you tried using ISTA to Calculate a TEST plan?

Refer to 8:00 mark in this video:

The TEST plan will evaluate all codes and walk you through it step by step starting with what is most likely to least likely cause of the codes.
Hi, Yes, I did look at the test plan but I don't have a smoke tester which is needed to do a leak test on the air intake and crankcase ventilation system. The test is looking for leaks which would cause the increase in air after the MAF. Decided to check the PCV as it seem to be a common fault which causes the same problem (vacuum leak in the crankcase ventilation system). Some videos on YT suggested using a flame to show the vacuum and there was mention of using a pipe and oil but I didn't see any videos show that test. Went ahead and did it myself and did verify that I was getting a vacuum leak (I think) from the PCV during the cold start. I assume that the leak is very small at the moment as I have only started noticing this problem (rough cold start) and don't get the more severe symptoms (rough idle all the time or squealing from from the front/rear main seals).

Last edited by audi01; 12-12-2021 at 06:07 AM..
Appreciate 0