johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
I just installed the Pro-kit Eibachs along with Bilstein B8 dampers on my 420i (stock suspension) and it didn't drop ANYWHERE near as much as mark_dtot's did. In fact in my case it's really hard to tell the car has been lowered at all.
The handling has improved significantly though.
Did you do before and after measurements at all four wheels? My eye just isn't good enough to be quantitative. I got my most accurate measurements when I found a flat poured concrete pad to park on. Asphalt can appear flat but my measurements showed it was wavey.
I took a variety of measurements like ground to bottom of fender at the wheel center. Wheel center to bottom of fender. Top of tire to bottom of fender. Also measured clearance to ground at the four jack points and learned that I need to drive up on 2"x6" (1.5" high) boards now to get enough clearance to slide my jack under for oil changes.

I'm curious how you like the Bilsteins? Do you notice a difference (positive or negative) when you are on the highway and hit a road seam or pothole? Do you get pretty much the same jolt through the suspension as with the stock dampers or does it feel better or worse?
Appreciate 0