View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #110
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Nor can I -- my argument then was that it would need to be badged a Lexus to make that viable. That's why I think the base models will start in the mid-$30k range, with the six being priced roughly where the M240i is now.

A twin-scroll four and the 86's engine are two very, very different animals. I don't think it'd be a stretch as long as the fours in the Supra significantly differ, both in power delivery and driveability (i.e., flat torque curves), from those in the 86/BRZ.

It's been reported that both models will be offered in both convertible and coupe form 1 to 2 years after their respective launches. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of those are delayed or killed, depending on how well the Supra Coupe/Z5 'vert do in 2018.
That would be great for the average joe, but could they really go that low? The base Z4 already starts at $50k.

Of course, but its just the whole image thing. People just seem to hate the idea of any form of a 4 cylinder Supra. If they wanted a cheap base model, personally I would rather Toyota just drop in the 2GR.
Appreciate 0