View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #32
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post

I had a similar situation with a bank when i was young. I'd just moved to a small town with only one bank, I opened an account and got a credit card etc. I decided to buy a new car back in Toronto but went to the small town bank for the loan. The manager blew me off and treated me like crap. So I called my old banker in Toronto, got the loan over the phone and showed up with my new car the following week to deposit my pay check at the new bank. The idiot bank manager had the balls to ask me where I got the money. That bank has lost an awful lot of business from me over the last 30 years. I still have that credit card account and when ever I get a call from them (they are a major bank in Canada) I decline and tell them the story. The point is customer service is something businesses need to take seriously.
I have 2 similar stories.

So, not to sound like I'm bragging, but I am fortunate to have a fair amount of welathy mentors or people I know, mainly in the exotic community.

One story is from a buddy of mine. His friend owned a giallo Ferrari Enzo back when they were still new. We will just call him "Andy" for this story. Andy is at a car meet. Andy is helping hold a charity event for sick kids and is trying to get people from this car meet to take part in it. Andy talks to a Ferrari F430 owner to see if he's interested in taking part in this event. Ferrari F430 owner makes some smartass remark but pretty much blows him off saying he doesn't want anything to do with it. Event is over. People are heading back to their cars. Andy is opening up the doors to his Enzo. F430 guy goes running towards the Enzo to talk to Andy. F430 guy instantly starts apologizing saying things along the lines of "I'm sorry." "I didn't know." "I thought you were just some random guy." Andy: "Fuck you. I asked for a small amount of respect and you weren't even willing to give me that. I don't want to have anything to do with you."

Second story. I have a friend in Bev Hills who is hilarious. He never wears shoes. Is tatted from head to toe. Wears wife beaters on a daily. He too had a yellow Enzo. Pulled up to a car meet in Cali. Tinted windows. Gets out of the Enzo. Everyone is staring at him like "Who the fuck is this guy?" I hung out with said buddy. Saw how people in public treated him. Guy owns 2 Diablo GTR's, a facotry miles Countach, Aventador SV, Bentleys, Rolls, etc. Laughed when people looked down on him. He really changed my perspective on how I view and talk to people around me, even though I've never been a real judgemental person.
Appreciate 3