View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #22
robbiox
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 330d m-sport + xdrive

a2dp enabled ! Hooray

Hi guys

I've been reading this website for a while now and just wanted to say thanks for your posts, i've just successfully enabled my bluetooth audio and also realised I have an extra 12v power supply (cigarette lighter socket) under my passenger side glove box!

One additional comment to other peoples bluetooth experiences.. After using vgate and Bimmercode to tweak everything in expert mode, I deleted the pairing, repaired and it still didn't show bluetooth audio.. I accidentally stumbled upon another menu in the main idrive area for 'connectivity' which now had a 'bluetooth' checkbox for audio... that wasn't there previously. Once that was ticked, I returned to my bluetooth pairing on the idrive for my handset and the tickbox had appeared for 'audio' under the phones services (where calls was previously the only option). it wasn't ticked, as soon as I ticked it, i was able to stream spotify etc from my handset and control tracks via the steering wheel. I had quite quiet audio on bluetooth until I tweaked the amp settings as they were all nuetral for bluetooth, whilst FM/ DVD / aux in had been customised before.

Hope that maybe helps someone else who nearly gave up with bluetooth.

After that tweak, i went on the tailor the following annoyances out of my vehicle.

1) The car no longer unlocks the drivers door when you turn off the ignition.
2) Door handle lights now activate whilst reversing.
3) 'stop / start' no longer defaults to 'on'
4) lowered the PDC cut out speed (36kmh was too fast)
5) increased the headlight washer operation frequency
6) enabled digital speedo
7) changed the idrive startup animation to m
8) changed the standard warning bong
9) DVD in motion
10) USB video + extra codecs

I loved my car anyway, but now I am even happier as the silly things that (overly) bugged me are gone and I have new toys to play with.

Anyone recommend anything else cool to enable?

thanks and happy driving always !
Appreciate 4