Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Ok so you're just talking ordering a basic car with available options as opposed to buying off the lot? Not any sort of crazy VIP individual stuff like different interior or anything? Should be pretty straight forward process.
Exactly...I was just thinking of getting the M carbon inlays in the interior which should be straight forward. Would also be nice if they did my leather with matching orange stitching, but, that's not high up my wish list. Curious, what's the craziest VIP mod you've seen?
Is there a local performance center delivery near you? Is so you can order from literally anyone in the country. If not your best bet is to just build the car exactly as you want it on the BMW site, print out the PDF then email it around to a bunch of dealers. Send straight to sales manager. Just tell them I want this exact car how soon can you get it and what's your best price? Tell them you want all deal terms in writing and take the 2 or 3 beat offers you get and work them against each other. Then once you pick one it's pretty damn easy. Some of what you want might be port or dealer installed but from your perspective it shouldn't matter at all.

I've worked with a VIP special service rep in the past. Nothing insane but sometimes you want to mix and match i.e. We wanted a luxury package but the dash from sport package that sort of thing. They can also expedite getting the car to you within reason obviously. Your dealer should have a rep they deal with for such things. You can't go completely nuts like putting a 7 series seat into a 3 series, but for example if you're really into orange exterior with coral red interior and BMW doesn't offer that combo you could get it done. Why in the world you'd want to, at least in that example, is beyond me. But you can typically get anything that's available on a certain car a la carte if you talk to the right people.

The stitching for instance since they don't offer orange at all highly unlikely. Maybe you could get the M seat with the 3 color stitching for example.
Appreciate 0