11-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #50
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
On the subject of my new car, just got it back after getting all the things sorted on it that I wanted, so I was sure it was driving perfectly. Full suspension alignment and corner weighting, Nitron 3 way dampers checked over and set up for fast road/track use, new 2 piece Alcon discs, 4 new Michelin Cup2 tyres, and the exhaust sorted (previous owner had welded the valve open), so it could be run more quietly.

A bit of expenditure, but all budgeted for as I like my cars to be just so, especially with how they get used.

Took it out for what was meant to be an hours run to bed the brakes in, and ended up being 3 hours and 120 miles of Wiltshire A and B roads. I used to enjoy these roads in the boxster, but not so much the M4.

One of the best drives I can remember in ages! It was damp and lots of dense fog patches around, so on the face of it, not a great day for a drive out. Didn't matter in the slightest, as the Lotus just feels alive at any speed, with a corner becoming a much more vivid and 3 dimensional experience... with a more clear sense and feeling of entry, rotation, exit, and the small size of the car giving you a little more choice in the exact line or arc you want to take. In a larger car, on narrower and twisty roads you're often just keeping your car in lane, or as far to the left as you can.

I've also now acclimatised to the Simple Lotus interior, such that it no longer matters, that it's so bare and simple!

If you want to go fast it can do it, but I've never enjoyed as much just cruising along, at a steady pace, since my MX5 Mk1 days.

Love it!
Honestly I would be worried getting back into that being parked on that muddy ground what a fabulous piece of kit.
Appreciate 1
Tengocity8566.00