View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #18
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metanoia Prime View Post
The gas savings is worth it, though. Even just driving in Comfort mode with moderate acceleration off the line, to be honest. I went through my last tank insanely quick because I was driving it, well, like a sports car. When I realized I didn't have to rush everywhere, I saw my MPG shoot up like crazy.

Then, this morning, I was running late. D'oh.
Yeah ECO PRO is definitely worth using in rush hour since I'll typically have to accelerate from 0-25 to maybe 35-36 then back down to 0 over and over. I just have no reason to speed up fast only to to slam the brakes seconds later! (also makes one look like a douche) Even in this type of driving, I typically average 29-31mpg which is awesome. Then the evening rush, weekends and "evenings" in general hit then it's all out the door! It's a love/hate thing with that fuel consumption monitor, ESPECIALLY when running late

Since this is my daily driver and almost half the time I start out in some type of rush hour, I coded it to just start in ECO PRO....it also keeps me in check when starting my drive since the engine temp is cold

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1