View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #64
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep
Drives: BMW(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
You should name yourself the voice to stupidity! I didn't pay 75k for the 328 or 330 or 335 to have better looking calipers than the ones on my 2011 E90 M3! I think its the 6th place trophy generation trying to take over and make everyone feel like they own an M because they slap a letter on an after market part! We're not assuming anything! I know the new M3 will have better brakes but BMW could at least make it an option for the guy who spent 25-30k more than the noob who just bought a 328i and has the M logo all over it!
I'm not sure how to even address this conglomeration of illogical thought.

1. 75k? Ouch.

2. I think you are misguided as you are placing more value on the form of the brakes rather than the function. I guess some people have different priorities then myself. You keep saying "better looking", yet we have no idea how these perform compared to your E9X's brakes....Frankly I'd rather they paint them black and kick ass then be shiny gold and hardly stop the car.

3. I agree about this trend of BMW to expand the letter "M" to seemingly everything they make. But, at the end of the day, they are a business. And the bottom line is I feel that their products are still better than their competitors. So I trust that they will continue making great cars.

4. "I think its the 6th place trophy generation trying to take over and make everyone feel like they own an M because they slap a letter on an after market part!"- Frankly this is a little disrespectful to all F30 owners....The car was just released to market. It's a little early to be generalizing the owners of this car.

5. You come off as bit of an elitist...Please do not try to give us actual enthusiasts a bad name.
Appreciate 0