05-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #45
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljestig View Post
As I found, the BMW is much more fun to drive around town, and more enjoyable for trips lets say less than 300 km. But it can also be quite tiring driving for long hours, due to its somewhat nervous personality. The MB is however of a more relaxed nature, yet very competent when called for, but never really as inspiring to drive actively.

The difference with the BMW, is that when arriving after regularly spending 400-500 km behind the wheel, it takes its price in the form of: aching back, sore butt, and sometimes feeling completely exhausted. In contrast, traveling the same distance, on the same roads, with the MB however, it instead makes me feel more rested, relaxed and better prepared for the other activities I am set for when arriving.

If like "driving", and mostly do shorter trips, the answer is simply "BMW". But if frequently traveling long distances (three-four hours) and want to arrive more rested and relaxed, I would say the MB is the better choice.

Since not driving so long distances anymore living in Singapore (at least not frequently), my choice is already made. (BMW ) And tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to pick up the new beauty..
I disagree with you there... when i had my e92 335i, i took a trip to NY from FL, and oh man, I wanted to keep going up straight to Canada... that's how i felt. I loved driving that car. and mind you, it was snowing up north :P. However, The passenger in the back wasnt that confortable, afterall, it was a 2 door and long trip for him.

I ordered an F30 335i, and i hope i get the same feedback i used to get from the e92. Reading up this thread, made me feel like I will be a bit disappointed

edit: and i would also love to drive my car to Orlando, that is 230miles up north.