View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #11
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_hf
Hmm, certain aspects I do like, others I don't. The usual pre-LCI vs LCI debate is of course always a recurrent old discussion. Below is just my opinion, subjective as it is.

Like:
Metal finish on window switch gear and seat adjustments.
Also like the cognac leather option.
Not sure about even stiffer suspension, I've taken delivery of my GC a week ago and it's already much stiffer and corners a lot flatter than my previous '13 F30 with sport suspension. If it also lowers it to M-performance ride height, then it's a definite like :-)
For those who love it, the MF dash option is nice, wouldn't spend money on it though.

Don't like:
Headlights. Having experienced the entry level LED in the F30, the bixenon was better. Adaptive LED is still a cost option and basicly a must order. The base LED with lit lower halves look like tired eyes... kermit? They actually look like the old days when people slapped in aftermarket 6000k xenons in reflector units. The 4-series concept look of the angel eyes do look nice though.
Double stitching on a plastic dash... really? Stitching belongs to leather, fake stitching just doesn't look right.
Chrome surrounding the air vents looks too busy, seen it on the F30. Gloss black looks better to me. Especially on the side vents. Strangely there is still alloy trim with gloss black surround on the center vent, but it has chrome surrounds on the outer ones.
New taillights are modern but just don't really follow the design contours like the pre-LCI ones. It actually makes the car look taller.
Totally agree.
except the led is lit at the top on the 4 series and are not like the 3 series which are lit at the bottom.
Appreciate 0