11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Yep very sad to see her go for that low. Might as well part ex and get £7750 and save the hassle. I'd take £9k, will hold out for a few more
days.

As you say, what will happen to big engined 328s and 335ds in a few years? Bargains galore for some, heartbreak for us chasing the romance of the new car experience.
Let's cross that Rubicon when we get to it. I have a good feeling the F30 will do well, even the big engine 330d with its superbly low CO2 levels and brilliant fuel economy. I think the F30 Diesels have killed the market for Audi and Merc and rightly so. Even the 5 Series has suffered quite badly. BMW have got this car so right that even a hatchback lover like me has switched.

I also own a Merc C Class 350CDI Sport Saloon. The F30 is so far ahead in every respect that I think it will be pretty tough for Merc to catch up. As far is the A4 is concerned, it does not even have a look-in. Sorry.

Take comfort, you are getting a truly brilliant car soon and will be getting rid of an also-ran: ASAP I hope.