Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca10 View Post
So first thing I would do is get rid of the Vargas one way crankcase breather. They have great products, I even run their GC turbo, but I heard many stories of breather causing white smoke out the exhaust, don't know the exact science behind the reasoning but no good. I even had the same smoke issue happen right after my install of the same breather and I just put my oil cap back on, was fine.

Second thing, regarding excessive fuel smell and white smoke out the exhaust, that could possibly be an injector. 2 weeks ago, one of my injectors got stuck open somehow. Car had really rough idle out of nowhere and had fuel coming out the exhaust with smoke due to the fuel flooding the cylinder head. As soon as I pulled plug #4 I smelled fuel and realized it was the injector. So I replaced the injector, of course did an oil change and all was good.

So I'd have them check for plugs/coils and injectors. And I'd also get an oil change if that's one of the problems, because if fuel got into your cylinder head, it will cause the oil to lower its viscosity (become thin) and it can cause scoring in the cylinders and engine internal issues.

Hope it all goes well, keep us updated
Where are you hearing about the VTT breather causing exhaust smoke?
I can't remember where, I researched this a few months back after I saw white smoke coming from exhaust and heard that the breather is the problem. It's suggested to do a whole pcv upgrade or none at all