View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #105
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Mine is a 440i GC March 2017 build and had the light come on at 15,000 miles.

I was near the dealer, and I'd just had a free health check when I put my winters on that didn't mention it, so I just took it straight in to them to check.

They took it in and brought it back out pretty quickly saying that the levels were fine and the light must have been an error. It had gone off when I arrived with them, just came on the first time I started the car in the morning.

4 days later it came on again. I checked myself this time, main reservoir looked empty and smaller one low. I topped it up myself. Couldn't be bothered to say anything to dealer, although now I've read this thread I might.
It's pretty annoying when they can't be bothered to follow through. Mine told me that I can bring it in to get topped off, but an inspection would be at cost since i don't have any warning lights yet. So even though the tank is empty, they won't perform an inspection for leaks under warranty because there's no CEL.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0