Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
Please watch this video:

See if you can replicate the noise by turning the steering wheel while the car is off.

I been dealing with what I believe is this exact issue for over a year. Initial reco from the dealer was to replace both front EDC dampers for $3K 😳

Car is going back in a year later (on Mon) to revisit to look at the EPS based on my research.

Will keep you posted.
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had watched this and actually called my dealer today to get info on it. As usual, they knew nothing about the kit and said it could only be ordered and shipped from Germany.

I've spent hours researching this and have found a lot of info on it. From what I've read, it's the steering rack, but a replacement might not fix it. If it does, it might even come back down the road... people are being told to live with it but it really bothers me. It just sounds cheap and shitty.

The one that mentioned that it sounds like a rumble hit it right on the nail. At high speeds, I never hear it.