Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I think you can uncode carplay, but the fake fsc codes will still be in there, which is what causes the problems when they update the car.

FSC codes from BMW will be many hundreds.
I am in the same boat. I used BMW FeatureInstaller with ENET cable and VIN related PASSCODE to retrofit Apple Carplay. All was fine, until my engineer upgraded the software on NBT to 19-07. It was our fault not to REVERT BACK TO OEM (fsc codes and cert with FeatureInstaller) before upgrading the car ISTA LEVEL and NBT software version.
Nightmare. After upgrading the software we cannot delete nor overwrite hacked FSC codes with ESYS. (FSC code cannot be owerwritten by ESYS if the new FSC code date is later than the one on NBT. Closed loop.).
Software reisntall on NBT does not help, as it does not delete hacked FSCs.
From 07-09 software version BMW closed the backdoor, what FeatureInstaller used to replace fatcory CERT and factory FSC with hacked cert and hacked FSCs signed by hacked cert. If newer software recognizes (as in my case) the situation, it drops a Component protection error in the HU.
We even deleted the v850 NBT with proper function, but FSC codes are remining there...

To put it in a nutshell: if you applied Carplay based in hacked FSC codes and cert, and did not revert them back to oem, after software upgrade your NBT are sucked.

If anybody has a more proper solution to get rid of those hacked FSC, than please contect me...
A decent BMW retrofitter can do it, I know one in UK but that's probably not much help to you.
Appreciate 0