General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerider View Post
Hi Shawn,

many thanks again for the clarifications. Does BMW maintain a centralized database for service requests or similar? let's imagine the local dealer who is providing the maintenance will notice the Navi upgrade and will reasonably question how did I get that - will I be able to pretend I did that at another dealer while being abroad for instance, or that I ordered it online?

for instance software tweaks(I've got the token/patch from Akiss btw) are not visible immediately, so this can go unnoticed, but not navi.

I think it should not affect any warranty agreements, especially if it is possible to roll back to the previous version, right?
There is no database to determine how you updated. Even if there was such a thing, I can't image any scenario where a service technician digs deep into the Navigation => Options => Version screen to determine what map version you have (no way for accidental discovery), and then goes to a computer database to bump that up against what you may have ordered, and then in the event he can't find a match, interrogates you as to the source of your map update. This is simply implausible. It is an OEM Map, OEM FSC Code, and OEM installation, and updating ones own CIC has been done hundreds of thousands, if not millions of times since the CIC was introduced in 2008. It is no concern for the dealer, nor any basis for warranty concern.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0