JD11937
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
lol, same tune, same load targets, same lambda means it injects same fuel amount, where do you see more air? power is better because of lower backpressure and better flow. I can only repeat that bigger turbo with the sane tune (it can be stock tune also) WILL make better power and same tune means engine will get SAME amount of air because load targets are same.

example : N55 ewg. stock turbo can easily max out hpfp. you set it on the hpfp limit ~1.15-1.2 bar at high rpms and get ~410hp max. PS2 same hpfp same boost same load and you get 450-460hp. It's hard to believe that there are still some people not understanding these basics.
You do realize that hybrid turbos make more power because they flow more air, right? That's why people add meth/fuel pumps when upgrading turbos. You need more fuel to support the additional airflow.

Here's VTT's GC log.
https://datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech...&data=4-19

Note the STFT. That's the easiest way to see what fueling is actually doing since we don't have an injection timing parameters to monitor. It's relative to the stock injection mapping. The DME can only adjust so much (typically up to +/- 30%) so while it can make more power, it's not safe. It is constantly compensating for varying fuel quality, ignition, etc. and operating near the limit reduces your safety net.

Also, hybrid turbos like pure and VTT add bigger compressors with the same size turbine housing. So you can actually increase back pressure. That's why a proper big turbo with appropriate A/R is more efficient. Hybrids are cheaper and flow more air than stock so you'll have more potential hp, but it sacrifices efficiency.

This is all great information and I appreciate you guys going into the technicalities. Just want to note the vtt turbos are not hybrid.
Appreciate 0