Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibnuls7 View Post
Hi guys,

So I'm going with the Indy shop who quoted me $2300 with a used suspension and subframe. Quote with only suspension replacement is $1200.

My question is: do you guys think it's worth the $1100 for a subframe replacement? The subframe is steel and didn't take any compressive or twisting damage. The metal is bent on a single plane and the mechanic ensured me that it wouldn't compromise the structural integrity of the car. I also am still under BMW warranty and plan to extend it. Since it's an oem part replacement BMW shouldn't be able to tell it was swapped.

Thanks
Three words come to mind for us folks who drive high-end Euro luxury cars and need service/repairs: "Don't Cheap Out". If you trust this Indy mechanic have him source a replacement subframe.

Shop is going to source/install used parts - if you don't already know, ask the shop what kind of 'warranty', if any, they are providing on the parts. In my experience (in the States) a shop won't be standing behind used parts, whether they source/install them or you source them; typically good shops do stand 100% behind new parts they source/install and should an issue arise they will make it good on their dime.

Perhaps a third opinion on this work is worthwhile (?).

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0