View Single Post
      02-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #89
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Far from getting the point I fear you may have missed it completely as a result of not having read the initial post and associated link at the start of this thread!

The insults on the original thread started before engine size had even been mentioned and the OP of this thread was actually the one who chose to fan the flames and raise (lower?) everything to a different level. Therefore, for him to start another thread to talk specifically about how obnoxious some people can be seems a bit strange.....

The engine size thing also appears to be an issue only in the eyes of the OP as I can't see anywhere where Drek said a 3 litre car is better than a 2 litre car. All he did was tease the OP about fitting lots of M-Performance extras to a 2 litre diesel but at no point did he say or imply they'd be better utilised on his 3 litre diesel hearse!

Still, let's not allow the facts to get in the way of a good argument!
Okay, so now I read the original post.

I get the drift and the put down of the OP as a 2 litre driver. That 'bigger is better' mentality is alive and well on this forum....so what I said before still stands.
Appreciate 0