View Single Post
      06-16-2021, 06:31 AM   #67
RMMAGA
Private
Rep
Drives: 120i

I was forced to do an interesting test recently, police got a report of my plate and that my exhaust was modified, and they tracked my car to my work parking lot for inspection

luckily they had no idea how to give me a fine, and impound my car for a week like they were supposed to do, apparently their system can only use local ID numbers, they have no idea what to do with a passport number

but I did promise them I would put back the stock exhaust, and I did

what surprised me is I didnt see any difference in my tune, the WG profile and boost was exactly the same with the stock setup, that was full DP and custom exhaust and just basically strait pipe 3' all the way, and I didnt see any different in my draggy times either

I also put back the stock air filter, for a month in case they checked me again, recently I put back on the ARMA air filter, and I was immediately over boosting, and I needed to retune with lower WGDC to get the tune back to normal, so the turbo was making noticeably more boost then before with the ARMA air filter, after tuned for the same boost power was the same but still interesting, as I was under the impression these were more for the sound and not performance

totally the opposite of what I expected
Appreciate 0