View Single Post
      01-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #77
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

I picked up a set of Seibon OE CF Fenders tom complete the CF additions to the front clip! Just like the CF hood and lip, the quality of these pieces was top notch and they arrived un-damaged despite the shipping company mangling the box. The construction is very sturdy with plenty of carbon re-enforcement and solid carbon sections where the fenders bolt to the stock mountings.

Install was surprisingly easy, just time consuming. You must remove both fender liners from the wheel well, the headlights (battery and airbox to get to the headlights) and only partially remove the front bumper.

Once all of the above is out you can reach all of the mounting hardware and carefully remove the OE fenders. You will need to remove the mud guards from the OE fenders and save for the end of the install process for the CF pieces.

The hardest part for me was the nose of the fenders has a very specific way it has to be inserted between the support frame and front bumper, I could have made it a lot easier on myself by removing the front bumper but I was still able to get it on without too much frustration.

I highly recommend a Dremel tool with a small grinding wheel to help shape some of the mounting holes, the ’98 headlights were particularly problematic, I needed to grind off a small vent near the mounting bolts to get them to fit and do some shaping on the fender mounting point to get them to finally stop interfering with each other and allow the headlight to slide into place.

The only section of the fenders that doesn’t come pre-drilled is the bottom area next to the sideskirt, you will have to align them with the stock mounting holes and drill. Once the drilled holes are bolted in you can install the mudd guards just like they came off the OE fenders and you are done!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 3