Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
Last update on this thread.

FCP has updated thier website and neither the pictures or the description on these are listed as "2 piece". Appears it indeed was, too good to be true.

Ah well, I did OEM rotors and Akebono pads last week and it seems good though I am surprised at the perceived decrease in initial bite. I've had a few times now where I've been concerned about them not working as expected but a little more pressure and they bite down better. I will try re-bedding them in the next couple of days and see how it goes.
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Brembo now has OEM style 2 piece rotors. They have plain and the slotted/dimpled style for both the 340mm and 370mm rotors. Although I didn't see the plain 370mm on their website; but their website is t to good either. I found them for reasonable on Rockauto. They're supposed to be with all the major suppliers, but they don't appear to all have them yet. I just got a set of the plain 340 and haven't looked at them yet. I can take pictures later to verify them.
Appreciate 2
kern4174442.00
ali820271.50