10-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngunguru View Post
Apologies if this is already common knowledge, but after discovering that my old iPod didn't work in my new F31, I have been searching around to work out the best way of using a USB stick for music instead.

I had been able to get the tracks onto a stick, which played in the car with album art and I could search by artist, album, etc. What I was struggling with was getting playlists to show up in the car.

I've now discovered a small piece of software that can be downloaded from the Mac app store called 'Playlist Export' by Eric Daugherty. Stating the obvious but this does what it says on the tin and 'syncs' nicely between my existing iTunes on the Mac and a USB stick.

Once the software has done its thing, plug the stick into the car's USB, wait a few seconds for it to be read (and a few more to allow it time to then read additional data) and voila! - my playlists show up under the 'Playlists' menu item in the car!

I now have music in the car in exactly the same way as with an iPod, but without the need for an iPod or compatible cable.

Ok, so it's the little things, but has made me happy!
Nice find.
Appreciate 0