View Single Post
      01-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #12
alrocsmash
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I didn't say you needed one. Technically you can flash any stage without an IC, but obviously that's not recommended. Stage 1 is advertised as being OK for a stock car, but we all know you need a CP, even if the tune doesn't necessarily list it as a prerequisite. And as far as the IC goes, just do a little reading and you will see how much IAT rise you have over just one pull with stock IC. It just isnt up to the task. Higher IATs = timing being pulled = less power, not to mention the potential for knock.

I'm not saying dont flash stage 1 without an IC. I'm saying if you care at all about consistent and reliable performance you should upgrade an IC, even for stage 1. And if you do upgrade the IC, then you can go stage 2 with MHD as well. This is particularly true if you plan on driving the car at WOT for more than 4-5 seconds at a time, especially back to back pulls.
Thanks for the back ground. My car is my daily driver (I have no commute at the moment, I'm remote). I don't really do back to back pulls or ever track it. I just love getting to 110 on the on-ramp before I hit the traffic and slow down. Given my use case, do you think a IC is necessary for stage 1? I have tons of capital for this project so I'm not worried about the cost, I just don't want to hurt my baby...

If you think one is required, what brand? Evo raceworks has one that is for a stage 3 which is insanely over built for my use case.

Last edited by alrocsmash; 01-18-2021 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0