View Single Post
      09-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #38
catharsis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TePee View Post
I don't know all markets but in F30 series I'm not aware of Entrynav based Nav Prof /609. Maybe in other series like F45 or so, but then it won't be the same I guess. But you just have to check online parts catalog to make sure. Instead of read or hear something

I have new Radio Prof which uses also Entrynav HU but without nav. Coding to 8,8" CID was no problem. But when I was trying to VO code 606 nav, it didn't work and the HU even lost its CAFD file.
So if you want to VO code 609 at Entrynav I can't imagine how it is supposed to work.

But if you are sceptical, just try it. Then you will see and have your first hand knowledge
So, based upon first hand knowledge...

Coding 609 instead of 606 appears to have worked for me in terms of resetting the screen resolution to drive the 8.8 screen (model 9292248, so pre-LCI screens WILL work in LCI cars).

However not all of the features so 'unlocked' appear to work.

Specifically nothing which involves 'local storage' such as 'music collection' or 'voice memo' seems to work correctly.

I'm not sure which other features are supposed to be '609-only' but I'm happy to check out anything anyone specifically wants investigated.
Appreciate 0