View Single Post
      01-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #5
rob_h10
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Precision View Post
There is a reason our release of this product took us a while. We put in a lot of time engineering and testing what we believe to be a very good solution. One of the advantages of using a large diameter catalyst is that it not only increases the exhaust flow but also the surface area available for gaseous reactions to occur. Additionally, the gas residence time within the catalyst is increased. These factors contribute to better emissions performance. We have datalogged the catalyst performance values monitored by the OBDII system and compared them with the performance of the stock catalytic convertor and a catless DP, we know what the range of values should be and we dialed it in. Our test car has gone thousands of miles with no CEL. On a fully catless DP we are able to trigger it within 5 minutes of driving. We decided it was time to release it to the public so here it is! Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Thank you for replying to my PM.

For the catted dp, do you guarantee there will be no CEL triggered on a stock set-up? What do I do if it happens when I install your catted dp?

When you say 'Our test car has gone thousands of miles with no CEL.' is that completely stock? Have you tested using a piggyback or flash then revert to stock? I'm contemplating my options when it's smog-check time... do you have any insight/recommendations?
Appreciate 0