Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Indy 500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckstr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckstr View Post
I think that's a bunch of bull. Why would you "have to" have a tire that allegedly says you can go up to 186?
You don't "have to" but as you will see if you read these tire threads, some shops/managers/etc will follow certain policies such as not deviating from OEM specification with respect to speed rating, load rating (e.g., XL vs. non-XL), non RFT vs. RFT, etc. One can only assume they are trying to limit their liability.

When i got my PS4S installed at Costco a couple of weeks ago, they called me right after they pulled the car in and asked me if i knew i was installing non RFTs in place of RFT. Of course i said yes (that's the point, lol) and they acted like i was crazy saying that i don't have a spare and would have to get the car towed if i got a flat, but they still proceeded with the install without a hassle.
And that's great to know that the folks at Costco notice a difference and contact you for confirmation. That's all I was trying to say, it's your car and you should be able to do what you want to/with it.
Going in on Monday to have tires mounted (at Firestone store). As we have been discussing, the folks at the store seem to be concerned about replacing RFT's with non-RFT's, and have mentioned the issue of BMW having a problem with that. I politely responded by saying " this is MY car, not BMW's, and I can do whatever I please to the car. I do not remember signing something when I originally leased car that said after lease is up and I buy car (not through BMW Finance but through my Credit Union), I must get the permission of BMW to do anything to the car". They (the people at Firestone) wanted to know what I'll do if I get a flat on the non-RFT's, and I told them I will do the same thing I did before the advent of RFT's, I.e., call AAA and get towed to the nearest repair place.
I am now starting to think about whether or not there will be any issues with the TPMS. I guess I'll find out on Monday. Have a nice weekend.
Appreciate 0