View Single Post
      08-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC M Sport

BAD experience with Passport BMW

I’m not sure if this is the right section to post this but I wanted to share my experience with Passport BMW in Maryland.

I wanted to buy 2015 435i GC for ED and contacted several dealers for quotes.
Passport BMW gave me the lowest quote but it was above my budget so I sent another build link that takes out Driver’s Assistant Plus Package, but I made sure Top and Side camera is opted in. (FYI, DAP package contains Top and Side camera but you can select Top and Side camera option individually)

Ian, the CA from Passport BMW, gave me a new quote, which I really liked, and I put down my non-refundable $1000 deposit, signed the Purchase Order, and received build information.

And I noticed that Ian made a mistake by selecting wrong Trim color. I emailed Ian to change the trim color and I get no response. After few hours, I received an email from Ian’s manager, Han, with VIR attached. I looked closely to see if everything matches what I originally sent. Everything looked good except the price went up by about $800. I asked why my price went up and he said the original quote Ian gave me did not have Top and Side camera.

I told Han that this is not my fault and clearly Ian’s fault by not adding Top and Side camera back after removing DAP package. He did not admit that it was his employee’s fault. Ian, on the other hand, told Han to take out $800 because he admitted it was his fault but Han wouldn’t.

Han told me to contact BMWNA if I wanted to.
This is the end of story.

Normally BMW recommend to order 3 months before ED and that incident happened 2 months before my Euro Trip which I already booked my flights.
I was lucky enough to find another dealer who would match the price Passport gave me but I’m still frustrated what might have happened if I couldn’t find any other dealer.

I already reported to BMWNA about the incident and this should not happen to any other customers AFTER they signed the purchase order and put down deposit.
I requested BMW to compensate me by giving me few accessories such as Kidney Grills, M Pedals, M license plates.

What would you have requested for the compensations?
Would you have requested more?

P.S. - Please don’t ever go to Passport BMW!!!!
Appreciate 0